Monday, July 27, 2015

A NAS A WEEK - 11 SHAWWAL 1436

Uqbah ibn Amr reported: I met the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said to me, “O Uqbah ibn Amr, maintain relations with those who cut you off, give to those who deprive you, and pardon those who wrong you.” Later, I met the Messenger of Allah and he said to me, “O Uqbah ibn Amr, control your tongue, weep for your sins, and let your house be sufficient.” Later, I met the Messenger of Allah and he said to me, “O Uqbah ibn Amr, shall I teach you some chapters the like of which have not been revealed in the Torah, nor the Psalms, nor the Gospel, nor the Furqan? Do not let a night go by without reciting them: He is Allah the One (112:1), and: I seek refuge in the Lord of the daybreak (113:1), and: I seek refuge in the Lord of the people.” (114:1). [Source: Musnad Ahmad 16999; Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Haythami].

No comments: