In his lecture, Ustaz Syakir stressed on the important role of a teacher and the ways students should respect them. Amongst them are a student:-
· should not walk in front of his teacher,
· should not sit on the place of his teacher,
· should not begin a conversation except with permission,
· should not talk to another during classes,
· should not ask a question unless with permission, and
· must be punctual at any occasion.
All these are done to ensure that the students will gain the pleasure of Allah SWT (mardhatillah) and be successful in his study.
A Q & A session ensued at the end of the lecture. Amongst those who took part in the Q & A session were Director of ISDEV, Professor Muhammad Syukri Salleh and Deputy Director, Dr Fadzila Azni Ahmad. The lecture ended at 5.00 pm with the recitation of Tasbih Kiffarah and Surah Al-Asr followed by the congregational Asar prayer.